Climate Friendly Gardening
June 19 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
Having a garden can make you much more aware of the changing seasons and extremes of weather, a scorching summer in 2018 to the beast from the east, was a shock to our outdoor areas. With an uncertain future ahead, now is the time to start planning some changes to protect your garden and help the environment.
Come along to Climate Friendly Gardening workshop at our community garden to get some advice and inspiration on:
• Growing your own fruit and vegetables.
• Making your own free compost.
• Creating areas for wildlife, pollinators and wildflowers.
• Visit our orchard to see which trees would grow in your garden.
• Rain – when to collect it and when to protect from it.
Our community gardeners will be there to show you around our garden and give advice.
There will be 1 hour slots throughout the day so you can pick the perfect time for you.
No experience necessary. Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and walking footwear.
There is disabled parking on site and the venue is wheelchair accessible.
The event is free but booking is required, as spaces are limited.
If you are having trouble booking you can call 01592 858458 or email email@example.com for assistance.